How does LB iLearn Campus work?
LB iLearn Campus is completely online. It is designed so that students can choose the pace at which they move through a course. Once a student proves competence, he/she moves on. Students have the option to take up to two courses at a time in a specific order.
How long is each course and how long will it take to complete my program?
This depends on how many credits the course/program is and how quickly a student wants to move through. One credit is equivalent to approximately 30 hours. Also depends on if you have transfer credit.
How many courses can I take at a time?
At the LB iLearn Campus, our goal is to help you succeed. Many students take one course at a time, but two courses at a time is an option.
What type of computer do I need?
- Must have access to a desktop or laptop computer (specifications below)
- A minimum of 1024×600. That is the average size of a netbook. If you want to view Canvas on a device with a smaller screen, we recommend using the Canvas mobile app.
- Windows 7 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.7 and newer
- Linux – chromeOS
Mobile Operating System Native App Support
- iOS 7 and newer
- Android 2.3 and newer
Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer no older than 5 years
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps
What type of software do I need?
You will need Google Chrome as your browser, MSOffice 365 (free to students), and some specific software for certain courses which will be identified when you select which program you are seeking.
How do I get started?
Contact an Admissions Specialist at 541-917-4887 or fill out the inquiry form:
When is the deadline for an assignment?
There are no real deadlines for each assignment. A student moves through at the pace that is comfortable for him/her.
Will I receive credit for work experience?
You will not officially receive credit for your work experience, however, knowledge and experience will assist you in advancing through your program more quickly.
When can I start my first class?
With flexible starts you can begin your courses any Wednesday of the year once all necessary admission steps are complete.
Is my degree different than a traditional LBCC degree?
While the process to earn your degree is quite different, the degree you earn through LB iLearn Campus is not.
Will LB iLearn Campus credits transfer to other institutions?
They will transfer just as any traditional LBCC program credits would.
How do I get academic support in my course if I need it?
Each LB iLearn student will have the support of a course Content Expert and a Navigator who will help them with any questions they may have.
What kind of support is available for students with disabilities?
Steps to Apply to the Center for Accessibility Resources
- If you need support services due to a disability which interferes with your chances of being a successful student, we encourage you to begin this process as soon as possible.
- Students are responsible for providing documentation of disability or information that supports the disability.
- LBCC does not assess or diagnose for any disabilities.
Part I: Applying and Process
Complete and submit the online application AND submit copies of your current documentation.
- Center for Accessibility Services Online Application Form
- Complete online application and submit documentation (What Kind of Documentation)
- Documentation can be submitted by uploading scanned copies, mail, fax, or email. Fax: 541-917-4832, Email:email@example.com, Mail: Center for Accessibility Resources 6500 SW Pacific Blvd. RCH 105 Albany, OR 97321
- LBCC students are required to check their student email regularly per LBCC Board Policy 5075. Center for Accessibility Services sends messages to your confidential student email account.
- You will be contacted for an appointment to meet with an Accommodation Planner.
If you have not heard from the Center for Accessibility Resources within 10 business days, please contact us at 541-917-4789 or firstname.lastname@example.org.