Earn a Coding & Reimbursement Certificate!
Please note, this LB iLearn program is not currently financial aid eligible.
Today, healthcare is more than just patient care – it’s a detail-oriented business. Qualified Coders are in high demand, since nearly every visit to the doctor requires properly coded documentation, which is critical for doctors to receive payment.
An LB iLearn Coding & Reimbursement Certificate will prepare you for positions in hospitals, medical practices, ambulatory care centers, medical equipment supply centers, insurance companies, public health agencies, consulting firms, and medical billing companies.
In this program you will learn to:
- Accurately code in ICD-10
- Understand diagnoses & procedures
- Develop insurance claims according to third-party guidelines
- Follow government-mandated privacy and security regulations
Program prepares you to meet competencies required by the AAPC, which qualifies you to sit for the National Coding Exam and obtain your certified professional coders credentials.
What does a Coding & Reimbursement Specialist do?
As a Coding & Reimbursement Specialist, you will organize and manage health information data. You will also ensure quality, accuracy, accessibility, and security of both paper and electronic systems. You will learn to use various classification systems to code and categorize patient information for insurance reimbursement purposes, for databases and registries, and to maintain patients’ medical and treatment histories.
- Reviewing patient records for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of data
- Organizing and maintaining data for clinical databases and registries
- Tracking patient outcomes for quality assessment
- Using classification software to assign clinical codes for reimbursement and data analysis
- Electronically recording data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting
- Protecting patients’ health information for confidentiality, authorized access for treatment, and data security