Begin a Career as an Accounting Clerk!
In any business, proper accounting is key to satisfied employees and customers, and the ability to turn a profit. The Accounting Clerk Certificate at LB iLearn is designed for individuals who want to understand current accounting principles and practices, those who want to strengthen their business practices, or those who need to meet financial accountability standards.
Students in the Accounting Clerk program will learn:
- How to analyze, interpret & communicate financial data
- Basic payroll procedures
- Use of accounting software, spreadsheets & databases
- Basic human resource management
Through the Accounting Clerk program, you will gain the skills necessary for an entry-level position by learning the fundamentals of the accounting cycle and what is involved in the day-to-day record keeping of a business. This certificate can act as a stand-alone credential or as a pathway into LBCC’s on-campus program for Accounting Technology AS Degree.
What Does an Accounting Clerk Do?
Businesses both large and small need experts in the field of accounting to organize, record, and report the financial status of their business. These individuals are responsible for everything from inventory reporting to financial profit and loss reporting.
Duties may include:
- Working in accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, or payroll
- Utilizing basic accounting software as well as spreadsheets, database and word processing
- Analyzing, interpreting, and communicating with peers and management regarding accounting information
- Successfully working with a team and interacting with team members
Please note, this LB iLearn program is not currently financial aid eligible.